What our fantasy platform wants to accomplish more than anything, is bringing LoL fans closer to the game. We want to give all fans a brand new rooting interest that allows them to enjoy and experience LoL like never before. The design of our scoring system has a massive impact on this ability and that is why we kept it extremely clear and trackable from a viewership perspective. We want to provide fans the ability to watch and track every point their lineup scores with complete clarity.
If you haven’t yet ,you can sign up 👉 here 👈
Scoring System Breakdown
These are the stats your 5 players and the team you draft will be scored on.
⚔ Kills = 3 points
💀Deaths = (-1) point
🤝Assist = 1.5 Points
👾Creep Score = 0.02 points
👑*Captain bonus*: If you correctly select the Champion that you Captain plays for a game, you get 50% bonus points to the Fantasy Points he scores in that game (actual score x 1.5)
🏆Win = 2 points
⏩Win <20min = 5 points (in addition to +2 Win points)
▶️Win 20min – 30min = 2 points (in addition to +2 Win points)
🏰Turret Destroyed = 1 point
🥇First Turret Bonus = 1 point (in addition to Turret Destroyed point)
🩸First Blood = 2 points
🐉Dragon killed = 2 points
🐲Baron killed = 3 points
🦀Rift Herald killed = 2 points
Our Thought Process
Choosing the Stats
Comparing it to fantasy football, fantasy LoL gives us the unique opportunity to track EVERY stat you could possibly think of. With there being dozens of small statistically-based aspects of the game and all stats being recorded electronically, we really had to make a lot of decisions on how we wanted to game to feel.
We could have given points based on a player’s Vision Score, factored in the DPM and how many Wards they placed. However, these complicate the viewership experience as they are not able to be tracked on stream. What makes following your team so great is that you know that when your Mid laner gets a kill, you get 3 points. You don’t want to be thinking “I can’t see Bjergsen right now but I hope he is placing wards and poking the opposing Champ to keep his DPM up…”
Player Scoring vs Unique Role Scoring
For launch we didn’t want to complicate the viewership experience by weighting statistics differently for every position. We wanted stats to be valued the same for Top laners through Supports, ensuring that the value of each action can be tracked without a second though, like knowing that a Kill is worth 3 points no matter the role. Yes, some positions will score more than others, like Mid and ADC, that is just the nature of how LoL is played. However, even though all players have the opportunity to score the same amount due to equality in scoring system, the inflated probability of a Mid or ADC scoring higher is factored into their salary, making them more expensive. You have to select a player from every position, so it is not an option to pick multiple players from the same power role anyways.
Additional Scoring Considerations 🤔
- Kills are worth so much more than any other player stat because they are the most scarce stat possible. Assists are common, with up to 4 available for each kill, but only one player can be credited with a Kill at a time, supporting why it is worth twice as much as an Assist.
- Inhibitors were not included for Teams because the true value from killing Inhibitors comes from the ability to destroy extra Towers and the ability to win the game, both of which are already rewarded.Adding more points for Inhibitors, which respawn as well, overly exaggerated the differences between winning and losing teams to an unhealthy level.We could have rewarded them to a smaller extent, but that would do more harm than good in how it would crowd and dilute the total categories scored.
- First Blood and First Tower are rewarded to mimic the in-game bonuses that Teams receive when capturing these objectives. We want our fantasy competitions to feel like as much of a game for viewers as spectators.
- Bonus points for Wins in a shorter amount of time are designed to reward Teams that were so dominant, that they cost themselves future scoring opportunities by winning earlier in the game.
- Captain Bonus adds an extra layer of research and variability to the lineup creation process. It does a great job of giving the lineup creation process an extra video game-esque feeling while allowing those who understand the meta the best to benefit.
There are hundreds of thoughts and calculations that went into this system, but we don’t want to bore you with those, we are supposed to be fun! We do hope that some of the above information does help to bring clarity to our decisions and that you can properly enjoy tracking your teams performance like we intended.
It is going to be a fun season, so don’t forget to 👉 sign up 👈